Saturday September 1st, 2007
We're currently planning a meeting for this day, probably from 12:00pm to 4:00pm.
- Location: North Seattle Community College - Driving/Bus Directions and campus map
- Room: IB 3319 (Instruction Building, 3rd Floor)
- Time: Saturday September 1st, 12:00 - 4:00PM
- Parking on campus on weekends is FREE and plentiful - convenient!
- The room costs us $50 per meeting, please plan on making a small donation to help cover costs of the room for the group!
- There will be a wireless A/B/G network up, ESSID "GSLUG"
Speakers & Schedule
We're going to try something different this time, and have people 5-minute lightning talks, with 10 minutes of Q&A after each one. If you're interested, add yourself below.
12:30pm: Dan Shufelt, Eric Butler, Ian Gallagher: Welcome
- Information on events and happenings (always good to keep people updated)
12:40 PM: Eric Butler: What's new in Linux?
It's been a while since GSLUG last met, so I'm going to kick things off by going over some of the things that have changed in the linux/free software world these past few years, including new technologies that make both the linux desktop and the linux server more exciting than ever.
12:55 PM: Steven Reisler: On the recent summary judgment in SCO v Novell and its implications
Steve gave a talk on the SCO legal scrimmage at the 2004 LinuxFest. He gave a follow-up talk at the July, 2005 gslug meeting. He will give this follow-up talk on the latest. He will give another follow-up talk next year ...
1:10 PM: Elaine: Can a law practice live by Debian alone? or reality Gnu/Linux
I am Steve's IT - he's the attorney.
1:25 PM: Mark Foster: DNS audits using Perl
Scavenge is a perl-based mechanism to discover inactive DNS records. It is useful to the DNS admin looking to clean up zonefile data. The script relies heavily on Net::DNS. I will show some examples of usage and ask for feedback on improving it. Talk slides
1:40 PM: Eitan Isaacson: Accessibility is good
A brief introduction to accessibility. Talk slides
1:55 PM: Raffles, prizes, give aways
2:00 PM - 4:00 PM: Workshop
The rest of the day will be open for people to chat and get hands-on support with installation and any other questions.
Planning to attend? Please add your name below: